E2 Vocal Requirements
Pick out and sing the harmony of a song without assistance.
Sing on pitch.
Control vocal elements such as volume or vibrato to match team dynamics.
E2 Band Requirements
- Play with a Metronome/Click. THIS IS A MUST!
- Play the specific part of your instrument as heard on the recording.
- Understand when to play and when not to play.
- Play with dynamics.
- Follow the Worship Leader, flowing between song transitions as the MD directs.
- Create and compliment the tone of the song and worship experience.
THE AUDITION PROCESS
PHASE 1: VIDEO AUDITION
Please record yourself singing with an instrumental/track of one of the song choices below, doing both the lead melody and then a harmony part over the original lead vocalist. We must be able to physically see you in the video to get a feel for your stage presence abilities. Your videos cannot be a cappella. Here is an audition video example you can use for general reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7bOX8D3gao
Please choose one of the following songs for your audition:
1. "Holy Ground" by Passion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU771D5AYWE
2. "Tremble" by MSC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjdSqTA8hyY
3. "Grace Like a Wave" by Elevation Worship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n22DM3swHqI
4. "Uncontainable Love" by Elevation Worship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDncEdUOPWM
MALE VOCALIST1. "Do It Again" by Elevation Worship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBIPb-6PTc
2. "Great Are You Lord" by All Sons & Daughters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHz0w-HG4iU
3. "Alive Again" by Planetshakers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAnAwFfpWVI
4. "Unstoppable God" by Elevation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De6gZZT1690
Please record yourself playing your instrument to one of the song choices below. We must be able to physically see you in the video to get a feel for your stage presence abilities (and if you have a pedal board, please show that in the video as well). Here are audition video examples you can use for general reference:
Drum Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C-rXZxYic8
Electric Guitar Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp93AJbOhIw
Bass Guitar Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRoCavmmc7s
Keys Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMs5sIEzTis
Please send the requested audition videos to firstname.lastname@example.org using online platform WeTransfer for large files. Include in your email subject line what you are auditioning for.
PHASE 2: Live Audition
Once our team has received a video audition and we feel it's a good fit, we will schedule a live audition with potential team member to sing or play with our band. If we feel it's not a good fit due to growth needed, we will provide constructive feedback on improvements needed and ask for an additional video to be submitted.
PHASE 3 Interview
This is for one of our worship coordinators to get to know you and your heart, and for both sides to ask any unanswered questions.
PHASE 4 Decision
We will discuss the decision and the next steps with you by phone, email or in person.